Tiles and grout get dirty easily, even after cleaning several times. And people often ask about ways to keep tile and grout stain free. If you are also wondering how to keep your tile and grout stain-free, we can help you out.
In this article, we have listed different methods by which you can clean your tiles and grout effectively so that it always remains spotless. Keep reading the article to explore unique ways of cleaning tile and grout.
How to Keep Your Tile and Grout Stain-Free?
You don’t need harsh chemicals to clean your tiles and grout. You can do it easily with different household items, which can help you clean the tile and grout effectively. Here is how you can clean your tiles and grout with homemade solutions.
⇒ Baking soda and water
- Firstly, to make the paste of baking soda and water, take three parts of baking soda and one part of water, then mix it thoroughly to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the grout-affected tile area, and wear rubber hand gloves while using the paste.
- After applying the baking soda and water paste on the surface, wait for a few minutes and then clean it with a towel.
- After cleaning with a towel, pour the water on the surface and then mop the tile, and you can see stain-free grout.
⇒ Baking soda, vinegar, and water
- Fill a bottle with equal parts of vinegar and water. Now spray baking soda paste(three parts of baking soda and one part of water) on the floor and a mixture of vinegar and water, but be cautious if you have natural stone tiles, don’t use this method.
- Don’t get scared by seeing the bubbles on the floor, as they signify that the natural cleaning process has started.
- After the bubbles stop emerging, clean the grout lines with a nylon-bristled scrub brush; if you don’t have this brush, clean the grout lines with a toothbrush.
- Apply the solution to clean the stained tile area and clean the stain.
- To remove the chemical residue, mop the floor with water and get clear and stain-free tiles and grout.
⇒ Use a paste of Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda, and Dish Soap.
- Take ¾ cup baking soda, ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide, and one tablespoon dish soap and then mix them to make an effective paste.
- After mixing them, apply this paste to the grout. You can observe the bubbles on the floor, which signifies that your solution is working.
- Now rub the surface of the tiles with a nylon scrub brush, or if you don’t have that, the toothbrush also works well. But this paste may affect the colored grout, so check before applying it.
- After the bubbles disappear, pour the hot water on the floor and remove the slipperiness of the surface by mopping the floor to see the crystal-clear tiles and grout.
⇒ Preventive measures to keep Tile and Grout stain-free
You can also follow these preventative measures to keep tile and grout stain-free;
- While entering the home, always walk through mats so that tiles and grout don’t get dirty.
- In your home, keep the mats in the kitchen, washroom, and dining area so that tiles and grout can’t come in direct contact with water and food.
- Clean the tiles and grout regularly.
- Never use harsh chemicals to clean the grout and tile.
- Whenever the tile and grout get stained, clean them immediately.
- Don’t only spread the water on the grout; clean it with the proper tools.
You can find many ways to clean your grout and tiles in this write-up. By using these techniques, your grout and tile will remain stain free. Use these methods carefully according to the type of your grout. Use the preventive methods listed in the article to keep the grout stain free.
But, if the stains on your tiles and grout persist even after cleaning or you fear damaging them. You can hire professional tile and grout cleaning services to restore the shine and luster of your tile and grout.